How to set up your Salt Lamp
- Screw the light bulb firmly into the power cable fitting.
- Gently push in the metal clips and insert the fitting into the base of the salt lamp until the metal clips spring into place.
- Check power point switch is OFF. Plug power cable into power point.
- Turn on power and your salt lamp is ready to go!
How to position your salt lamp
Himalayan salt lamps can be used wherever you desire fresh, clean air to help focus your concentration or simply to help you relax in your surroundings.
The following areas are examples of great spaces that will be enhanced by the inclusion of a beautiful salt lamps: Bedrooms, living rooms, offices, hospitals, meditation spaces, coffee shops, restaurants, health clubs and many more!
How to look after your salt lamp
- To clean, switch lamp off and wipe with a slightly damp sponge.
- Leave lamp on wherever possible as the heat from the light bulb will prevent the lamp absorbing moisture.
- If lamp gets wet leave in strong sunlight for 4 to 5 hours and brush off any excess crystals.
- When not in use for long periods, disconnect your power cable and remove from the lamp, and store the salt lamp and base in a plastic bag to help prevent the lamp absorbing moisture.
- In humid conditions we recommend placing your lamp onto a small tray or dish in the rare case they may pool water
Planning on going away on holiday?
If you plan on having your lamp switched off for an extended period, we recommend unplugging the power cord, separating the cord from your salt lamp, and wrapping the salt lamp in a plastic bag to keep it air tight. This will prevent the lamp from pooling water.
My lamp has started pooling water, or “leaking”
If your lamp is running, leaking or pooling water this is generally due to being switched off for extended periods, especially in areas of high humidity. To remedy, leave in strong sunlight for 4 to 5 hours and brush off any excess crystals. Wipe gently with an old cloth and turn the lamp back on.