This Privacy Notice will explain, in detail, the types of personal data we may collect about you when you visit and use our website. It will also explain how we store and handle any data that we collect, and how it is kept safe.
We want you to be fully informed about your rights and how the Himalayan Salt Store uses your data.
When you are using the Himalayan Salt Store website, Himalayan Salt Store is the data controller.
For simplicity throughout this notice, ‘we’ and ‘us’ will refer to the Himalayan Salt Store.
The Himalayan Salt Store is an online retail store, specialising in Himalayan Salt products and also other products such as (including but not limited to) : Sea Salt, Epsom Salt, Scoops, Cables & Bulbs, Cotton Bags and Heat Pads.
We can be found here :
Himalayan Salt Store
C/O Darlingtons Group Ltd
Himalayan Salt Store abide by and are compliant with the Data Protection Act 1998 (herein referred to as “The DPA”) and the General Data Protection Regulation (herein referred to as “The GDPR”) which comes into effect on 25th May 2018.
The current laws on data protection set out a number of different reasons for which a company may collect and process your personal data, including:
In specific situations, we can collect and process your personal data with your consent.
|For example, when you tick a box or opt in to receive email newsletters.|
When collecting your personal data, we will always make it clear to you which data is necessary in relevance to particular services.
In certain circumstances, we require your personal data in order to comply with our contractual obligations.
|For example, if you place an order with us, we will collect your address, email and phone details to deliver your order, and pass them on to our delivery partners.|
If the law requires us to, we may need to collect and process your personal data.
|For example, we are required to pass on details of people involved in fraud or any other criminal activity affecting Himalayan Salt Store, to law enforcement.|
In specific situations, we require your data to pursue our legitimate interests in a way which may reasonably be expected as part of running our business and in which does not materially impact your rights, interests or freedom.
For example, we may use your purchase history to send you personalised offers.
We also analyse the shopping history of customer’s in order to identify trends and to ensure that we can keep up with demand.
We may also use your email address to send you marketing information, telling you about products that we think might interest you.
- When you visit our website, and use your account to buy products.
- When you make an online purchase and check out as a guest.
- When you create an account with us.
- When you engage with us via Social Media.
- When you contact us by any means with queries, complaints etc.
- When you enter Prize Draws or Competitions.
- When you choose to complete any surveys we send you.
- When you comment on or review our products.
- When you comment on any articles or blogs on the website.
- When you sign up to our email newsletter.
- If you have an online account with us: your name, email address, telephone number, billing/delivery address, orders and invoices.
- If you place an order with us: your name, email address, telephone number and billing/delivery address.
- If you sign up to our email newsletter: your name and email address.
- Details of your interactions with us through contact forms, emails, telephone conversations.
|For example, we may collect notes from our conversations with you, details of any comments or complaints you make, details of purchases you have made, items viewed or added to your basket, wish list choices, voucher redemption’s, web pages you visit and how and when you contact us.|
- Details of your visits to our websites, and which site you came from to ours.
- Payment Card Information.
- Your comments and product reviews.
- Your social media username, if you interact with us through those channels, to help us respond to your comments, questions or feedback.
- To deliver the best possible website experience, we collect technical information about your internet connection and browser as well as the country where you computer is located, the web pages viewed during your visit, any advertisements you clicks on and any search terms you entered.
We want to give you the best possible customer experience. One way to do this is to get a detailed picture of who you are by combining any data we have about you.
We may use this data to offer you promotions and products that are most likely to interest you.
The GDPR Laws allow this as part of our legitimate interest in understanding our customers and providing the highest levels of service. Of course, if you wish to change how we use your data in this way, you’ll find details in the “How to stop the use of your personal data for marketing” section below.
Please note, if you choose not to share your personal data with us, or refuse certain contact permissions, we might not be able to provide some or all of the services you have asked for.
|For example, if you do not provide an email address or phone number when you place an order with us, we cannot provide tracking details, or get in touch with you if there are any issues with the order, or order details.|
How we will use your person data and why:
- To process any orders that you make by using our website. If we don’t collect certain personal data during checkout, we would not be able to process your order and comply with our legal obligations.
- To respond to your queries, refund/replacement/return requests and complaints. Handling any information that you send enables us to response and assist you. We may also keep a record of these requests and queries to inform any future communication and to demonstrate how we communicated with you throughout. We do this on the basis of our contractual obligations to you, our legal obligations and our legitimate interests in providing you with the best service we can and understanding how we can improve our service based on your experience.
- To protect our business and your account from fraud and other illegal activities. This includes using your personal data to maintain, update and safeguard your account. We’ll also monitor your browsing activity with us to quickly identify and resolve any problems and protect the integrity of our websites. We’ll do all of this as part of our legitimate interest.
- To process payments and to prevent fraudulent transactions. We do this on the basis of our legitimate business interests. This also helps to protect our customers from fraud.
- If we discover any criminal activity or alleged criminal activity through our use of fraud and suspicious transaction monitoring, we will process this data for the purposes of preventing or detecting unlawful acts. We aim to protect the individuals we interact with from criminal activities.
- With your consent, we will use your personal data, preferences and details of your transactions to keep you informed by email, about relevant products including tailored special offers, discounts and promotions. You are free to opt out of hearing from us at any time.
- To send you communications required by law or those which are necessary to inform you about our changes to the services we provide you. For example, updates to this Privacy Notice, product recall notices, and legally required information relating to your orders. These service messages will not include any promotional content and do not require prior consent when sent by email. If we do not use your personal data for these purposes, we would be unable to comply with our legal obligations.
- To display the most relevant content to you on our websites or apps, we’ll use data we may hold about your favourite products. We do so on the basis of your consent for our website to place cookies or similar technology on your device.
- To send you survey and feedback requests to help improve our services. These messages will not include any promotional content and do not require prior consent when sent by email or text message. We have a legitimate interest to do so as this helps make our products or services more relevant to you. You are free to opt out of receiving these requests from us at any time.
We will only keep personal data that we have collected or processed for as long as it is necessary for the purpose of which it was collected.
At the end of the retention period, your data will either be deleted or anonymised.
|For example, when you place an order we’ll keep the personal data you give us for five years so we can comply with our legal and contractual obligations. We will also retain transaction information for internal financial accounting purposes. It is a legal requirement to retain this information for a period of 7 years.|
We know that data security matters to all of our customers, therefore we will always treat your data with the utmost care and take every appropriate step to protect it.
We secure access to all of the transactional areas of our website using “https” technology.
Access to your personal data is password protected, and encrypted. Sensitive data such as payment card information is secured and tokenised to ensure it is protected.
We also regularly monitor our system for possible vulnerabilities and attacks.
You have the right to request:
- Access to a copy of any personal data we hold about you, free of charge.
- Correction of your personal data when incorrect, incomplete or out of date.
- That we stop using your personal data for email marketing.
- That we stop any content based processing of your personal data after you have withdrawn consent.
You have the right to request a copy of any information about you that we hold at any time, and to also have that information corrected if it is inaccurate. To request your information please contact Himalayan Salt Store, C/O Darlingtons Group Ltd, Bankfields Drive, Eastham, CH62 0AZ or contact us using the contact form on our website. If you have an account on the website you can log in and change any personal information yourself.
Your right to withdraw consent
You have the right at any time to change your mind and withdraw any consent you have given us to use and access your personal data.
Where we rely on legitimate interest
In specific situations where we are processing and using your personal data on the basis of our legitimate interest, you can ask us to stop for reasons connected to your individual situations. We are obligated to do so unless we believe we have a legitimate overriding reason to continue processing your personal data.
You have the right to stop the use of your personal data for direct marketing, we must comply with any request made in this manner.
Checking Your Identity
We sometimes share your personal data with trusted third parties.
|For example, delivery couriers, fraud management, to handle communication, to provide email marketing and so on.|
We provide a specific policy to those organisations to keep your personal data and protect your privacy:
- We provide only the information they need to perform their specific services
- Third parties may only use your personal data for the exact purposes we specify in our contract with them.
- If we stop using their services, any of your data held by them will either be deleted or rendered anonymous.
Third parties we work with are:
- Companies who support our IT business software and systems; CAT Systems, WordPress, Woocommerce, Zen, Linnworks.
- Operational companies such as delivery couriers; Parcelhub, Yodel and Royal Mail.
- Marketing companies and Communication Systems who help us to manage our electronic communications with you; Mailchimp, Freshdesk.
- Feedback Request Systems who help us to improve our products and services: Trustpilot.
- Google to show you products that might interest you whilst browsing the internet. This is based on your acceptance of cookies on our website.
For further information on any of these third parties, and how we share your data, please contact our data protection officer.
If you would like to stop us sending you marketing emails, simply click the “unsubscribe” link in any email we have sent. We will then stop any further emails from being sent.
We hope this Privacy Notice has been helpful in setting out the way we handle your personal data and your rights to control it.
If you have any questions that haven’t been covered, please contact our Data Protection Officer who will be pleased to help you:
Email us at email@example.com
Or write to us at Data Protection Officer, Himalayan Salt Store, C/O Darlingtons Group ltd, Bankfields Drive, CH620AZ