All of our Himalayan Salt Lamps are made from Natural Himalayan Crystal Salt Rock formed millions of years ago in the foothills of Himalaya. They have beautiful colours, ranging from very pale pink/orange almost white, to dark pinks and oranges, due to the high concentration of trace minerals contained within the salt. Inside the hollowed out middle of the salt rock lamp is a light bulb to generate both light and heat.
Our Lamps are genuine Himalayan Salt Lamps, as they are a natural product, the colour, brightness (Himalayan lamps emit a soft glow not a bright light), shape and size can vary from item to item, photographs are for illustration purposes only. All of our lamps come with attached wooden base, 15W Pygmy Appliance bulb and plug/cable, packaged safely. We send the same sized bulbs with every lamp. For a brighter glow, higher heat, you may need a higher Watt bulb. Please note, most of our lamps are pre-packaged so we cannot give width/height measurements.
How do Himalayan Salt Lamps Work?
Himalayan Salt Lamps are Hygroscopic, which means that they absorb water vapour and moisture from the air. The air circulating around any room contains water vapour / moisture, this will often carry certain allergens such as: Bacteria, Dust, Pollen and Pet Allergens (Pet Dander, which is made up of of microscopic particles of skin shed by cats, dogs, birds, rodents and any other animal that has either feathers or fur, these often cause reactions in people who are allergic to such triggers).
Due to their size, Himalayan Crystal Rock Salt Lamps are ideal for attracting Water Vapour and Moisture, along with any allergens and pollutants attached. Once these microscopic allergens and pollutants are attracted to the Himalayan Salt Lamp, they will remain there, thus not in the air where you were previously inhaling them. All Himalayan Salt Lamps are heated, usually from a small appliance bulb inside the Lamp, so as the Water Vapour is settled into the Salt Lamp, this heat dries the Lamp, allowing the Hygroscopic properties to loop continuously as long as the Lamp is heated. Any of the Allergens/Air Pollutants that have been attracted to the Salt Lamp, will remain there, and will not be re-released into the air again.
Himalayan Salt Lamps and Negative Ions
If you live, work or sleep anywhere with Electronics such as Computers, Mobile Phones, Tablet Computers, Stereo’s, Televisions, Video Game Consoles etc. you are exposed to Electromagnetic Radiation and Positive Ions, these flow from all Electronic Devices. Positive Ions are mainly emitted from Electronic Devices, but are also naturally formed by wind, humidity and dust. By continuing to expose our bodies to Positive Ions and Electromagnetic Radiation we can see negative effects such as: Insomnia, Nervousness, Increased Stress Levels, Poor Concentration and Stress on our body’s immune system. Himalayan Salt Lamps produce Negative Ions, which are attracted to particles such as Bacteria, Dust and Allergens, these Negative Ions attach themselves to such Air Pollutants, giving them a negative charge which removes them from the air.
Other Benefits of Himalayan Salt Lamps
Himalayan Rock Salt Lamps have long been hailed for their reported health benefits. The most commonly reported benefits include: Relief for Asthma, by reducing the amount of dust in the air, effectively purifying the air, it has been reported to vastly improve breathing difficulties in Asthma Sufferers. The warm glow of any Himalayan Salt Lamp is a calming presence in any room and can therefore improve your mood and relaxation, sometimes even improving sleep. By negatively charging Positive Ions in any room with electrical items, you may experience less headaches and sluggishness which is often caused by prolonged exposure to electronics such as: Televisions, Mobile Phones, Office Equipment, Computer Screens etc.